Updated: Feb 7, 2019
You have an amazing innovation that is going to revolutionize healthcare, so why isn't it selling like hotcakes? Why aren't you getting those important partnership meetings to take your solution to the next level?
As a Health Tech Innovator your focus should be on transforming healthcare and not worrying about the right marketing strategies.
Fortunately, the road to a healthy marketing program isn’t as challenging as you might think. Here are 5 healthy habits you can start implementing today in order to grow your business and get one step closer to your moonshot.
1. To thine own self be true: If you truly know what your company stands for: your mission, your values, what makes you unique and better than the rest – you’re already halfway there.Having a consistent language to communicate who you are and what your company stands for is key to establishing a strong brand presence and becoming memorable in the hearts and minds of your target market. If you don’t have a clear understanding of this, set aside 30 minutes a day for a week and see how much progress you make toward creating your brand communications “bible”.
2. Know your customer: Do you really know your customer? Sure, you know their titles and have a good handle on their pain points. But, could you describe them as if they are sitting across the table from you. Are they married? What are their hobbies? Where did they go to school? What associations do they belong to? Do they like goat yoga? It may seem like knowing your customer to this detail isn’t necessary, but when you get to really, really know them, your communications come to life. You’re speaking their language. And, if you get them to trust you, you get a new prospect.
3. Blog like there's no tomorrow! Now that you really understand what makes your customer tick and where they like to interact online, put your expertise in front of them. Establish your company as the go-to expert that can resolve all their pain points. Become a guest blogger on the channels they interact with. When you become a credible resource, your target is more likely to turn to you when it’s time to buy a solution. Not a writer? Copywriters are less expensive than you might think and the return on investment makes it well worth it.
4. Email with a purpose: We all find sales emails annoying. No one likes to open their inbox and see a slew of messages keeping you from the work at hand. Your email content has to break through. When you know your customer really well (see #2), you can speak their language and offer them an education that moves them further through your sales funnel. Done right, email can turn your target from “just interested” to actively engaged prospect.
5. Get out and be social: You might think social media isn’t the right channel to attract the right audience. But, you’re missing out on a tremendous opportunity to engage with your target.Your target customer is a person. A person with kids. Maybe they love to snowboard. They might have family across the country or have a social cause they are passionate about. The point is, they are not just online looking for solutions to their business pain points. But, they are online! So, create content they can’t pass by, help them identify with your brand, educate them, share success stories. There’s a big opportunity to stand out on these platforms, especially as a healthcare marketer.
Getting your marketing efforts on the road to good health really isn't as challenging as you might think. You are an innovator after all, so get after it!
Feeling overwhelmed with all you need to accomplish with your brand? Let's talk. Schedule some time so we can review your brand's health.